Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Egg Artist

Since Easter is only a few days away, I figured I'd have Caiden decorate Easter Eggs.  In my mind (which is constantly thinking about how I can "Pinterest" upgrade something), I'm hoping to get a photo of how the kids decorated Easter Eggs each year and compare them.  If I was really wanting to rock the Pinterest world, I'd probably save the Easter egg shells each year and shellac them or something and use them as decorations so when the kids get married they can have their own Easter eggs they made over a couple of decades as decoration.  Ha.

Anyway, for a two year old, I kept it simple.  
Hard-boiled eggs.  Food coloring.  Markers.  Stickers.  




ROY G BIV... keeping it simple


Waiting is the hardest part!




Mom, can I decorate?  Don't mind the dirty Christmas jammies or the food on the (super cute) face or the hair with a mind of its own. We're dying eggs, you know?  And this is probably the messiest corner of the house.  I'm not trying to portray my house or life as clutter-less or pristine.  Because we're not.  As a family with a toddler, an infant, plus a 90 pound chocolate lab, we're too busy having fun :)


  I wrote each family member's name on the egg, and Caiden decorated them with stickers and (abstract) drawings. 



 Caiden loves cracking raw eggs to cook with, and he thought these would crack the same way.  After a little adjustment on technique, he removed the shell.  I cut off a bite and offered it to him, but he had changed his mind.  Caiden has never tried a hard boiled egg, and today was not going to be any different.  


Our finished product turned out pretty cute for the 30 minutes we put into it and for the skills of a busy momma and a two year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment