Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hippity, Hop!

Easter this year was our first with two kiddos!  Unfortunately, I worked the night before, so our normal routine of morning church, then dinner at home, then hunting for Easter eggs at our house didn't happen.  That's okay.  I'm quite a planner, so I made sure the Easter baskets were ready, and that the kiddos would still have a great Easter.  

The weekend before Easter, our church, Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, had a family Easter celebration with a movie about the meaning of Easter, an egg hunt, arts & crafts stations, a pancake breakfast, face painting, baby chicks, rescue vehicles outside, and the Easter bunny. It was supposed to be outdoors, but the weather this spring hasn't been too cooperative in the Midwest, so an inside celebration it was.

Unfortunately, I worked the night before and went straight to the event after getting home.  I think I got into bed at around 1:30pm that day.  But it was so worth it.  Caiden had an amazing time, and Lakelie... well, she slept through the whole thing :)  The video is at the end of our day, and you can see how tough the egg hunt was.  Caiden had so much fun, though!


The only time Caiden will ever sit in the back of a police car :) 
Caiden's favorite part of the day! 
Ready to "find" eggs!
Got my bunny ears and my basket...
Mom, this basket is as big as me!
Oh, I wish you could have seen the terror on his face when he came close to the K-Love monkey!
Like I said before, I worked the night before Easter, so I slept all morning.  We decided to go to the evening Easter service at church, wearing our new Easter outfits.  This year, the color scheme was salmon and navy.  I know that one day, I will have little (if any) choice in what my kids wear, so for now, I take advantage of their willingness to be my dress-up dolls!  They looked adorable, and the sun was out long enough for a few family photos outside of our house.  It was much cooler than it looked, but the kiddos did not seem to mind.   

Sibling love.



We went to the Easter service at church, then had the kiddos open up their Easter baskets in the memorable area of the parking lot.  It was still daylight, and we knew that by the time we got home, the sun would be gone.  So, the kids got their baskets, Lakelie's first time seeing hers, and they excitedly dumped out the contents and found their favorites.  Lakelie loved chewing on her new sunglasses and shaking one of the eggs in her basket.  Caiden was immediately drawn to his new puzzles, his current obsession. 



Easter is so fun!
Can I crack it?





What says Easter better than mother/daughter espadrilles?
Then, to find somewhere to eat on the way home.  Oh, it's Easter and nearly everything is closed!  So, our Easter dinner consisted of Five Guys.  Not too "Eastery" but delicious!!



It isn't ham with all the trimmings, but it sure was yummy!
Then, we went home, tried on a couple of Easter gifts, and called it a day.  A successful Easter in my book!




1 comment:

  1. Ok. . . so I havent checked your blog for awhile but your little family is the epitome of DARLING ! ! ! ! Good job on sprouting beautiful kiddos:) We miss you and wonder always how it is going for you all:)
    Love as always, the allisons

    ReplyDelete