Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Well, here's a recap of the last several years...

I graduated in May 2003 from the University of MO - Kansas City with my degree in Psychology.  I didn't really want to do anything with psychology, though, so I tried out a few different types of work including retail management, film production, event planning, and nannying.  When the film production company I was working for moved into a new building, Ryan was one of the architects who designed it.  We met, dated, got engaged, and were married on March 29, 2008 in Kansas City.  Rewind a bit to say that Ryan graduated in May 2006 from the University of Kansas with his degree in Architecture. Soon into our relationship, I began questioning my career path and decided that nursing was where I wanted to direct my life.  I had always loved medicine and had a passion for patient care, so this seemed to be a great fit for me!  I went to Saint Luke's College of Nursing in Kansas City and graduated with my BSN in May 2010. While in school, we adopted our first (fur) child, Maximus "Max" Wayne Lang, a chocolate labrador.  We believe that he believes he is a human, as he has been treated that way since we brought him home.  We bought our first home in July 2010 in the Brookside area of Kansas City and began our non-fur family with our first child, Caiden Lake Lang, born on November 30, 2010.  He has been such a blessing in our lives, but I'll have more on him in another post :)  I am currently a registered nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Children's Mercy Hospital in downtown Kansas City and love it.  I absolutely cannot imagine myself doing anything else.  Ryan currently is an architect in the Infrastructure Division at Burns & McDonnell in Kansas City, and he loves his job, as well.  Our happy family loves going to Table Rock Lake, being outdoors, and loves spending time with our friends and family.

 Hopefully, you'll get to know us even better with this blog!


Ryan & Julie


Our Wedding Day, 03/29/08
Maximus "Max" Wayne Lang, born 02/27/09

Our First Home!!

Caiden Lake Lang, born 11/30/10

No comments:

Post a Comment